About Our All Star Program
Mission: To offer an All Star cheerleading experience throughout the school year in a Christian environment.
Goal: To introduce young girls to a competitive cheerleading environment with a focus on glorifying God through healthy competition, while using appropriate music, movements and uniforms.
Activities: Our CCAS teams are Exhibition, Novice or Prep All-Star (Level 1 or 2) teams that focus on all elements of an All-Star routine: stunts, tumbling, jumps and dance for beginners 5 -12 (must be at least five) and birth year can not be before 2009.
Vision: Our desire at Cross Cheer All Star is that every girl would walk away from this experience feeling loved, encouraged, valued, and pointed towards a relationship with Jesus, all while learning the fundamentals of cheerleading.
All Star Season: September – February (6 months)
August 15th and 22nd will be our team evaluations. We will place girls on teams based on skill level, experience, and age.
Types of Teams:
Exhibition Team: this team practices Saturday afternoon for 1.5 hours. This exhibition team is meant for true beginners that with a year of learning the fundamentals would be prepared to make a competitive team next year. They will perform in the exhibition, but not go to the competitions. They will not have a true uniform, but will match their practice wear. The cost of this exhibition team will be significantly less.
Novice Teams: these teams are ready to step into the competition world, but don’t compete yet against other teams. They compete against a rating system of Superior, Excellent or Good. Last year, both our Novice teams got ratings of Superior! These novice teams will practice on Sunday afternoons for 1.5-1.75 hours. They will have matching uniforms and compete at two metroplex competitions, and one exhibition for friends and family.
All Star Prep Teams: these teams will be competing against other gyms at local competitions. Our level 1 team will practice once a week for 2 hours on Sunday afternoon. Our level 2 team will practice once on Sundays and once on Thursdays. We encourage that level 1 team to also take another tumbling class, but it’s not required. They will have matching uniforms and compete at three metroplex competitions, and one exhibition for friends and family.
Where: Elevate Gymnastics
2-3 Local Competitions in the DFW Metroplex (Dates TBD))
+ 1 Exhibition for Families & Local Community
*AS Prep and Novice teams compete 1 weekend day per competition
Who: Girls ages 5 and up.
Monthly Tuition: varies dependent on team. Between $100-$210 per month, for six months.
Tuition includes weekly coaching, facility usage, routine music/choreography, practice shirt, competitions, year end party.
Must be paid by the 5th of each month to guarantee a spot on our team (auto draft upon registration)
A 30-day notice must be given to drop out of program
Registration Fee for Evaluations: $25
Registration Fee for Elevate: $40
Uniform and Bow Fee: approximately $200 for new, $100 for resale
Each participant provides their own white tennis shoes,
black shorts and transportation to competitions.
*The above details are subject to change.
Coaching: Erika Toney is the director of the CCASP. She has been involved in cheerleading for over 20 years including being an SMU cheerleader, winning 2nd place at NCA Collegiate National Competition, coaching High School Varsity cheer for 10 years at MacArthur High School and Trinity Christian Academy. In addition to working for Cross Cheer for many years, Erika and husband, Michael, find joy in their two daughters, Raylee and Harper. She attends Watermark Community Church in Dallas.
FAQ's For Our All Star Program
1. What is the difference between all star exhibition, all star prep, all star novice and all star elite?
* All Star Exhibition, Novice and Prep teams are a ½ year competition season versus an entire year commitment.
* There are stunting limitations for All Star Exhibition, Prep and Novice teams, so a greater level of safety.
* Prep will compete against similar beginner teams.
* We will only compete at local competitions. Exhibition will only perform at our in house show.
* Novice teams perform and are evaluated, but they aren't ranked against other teams.
*Novice and Prep Teams only compete at one day competitions, while elite teams compete two days.
2. Do I have to commit to both competitions?
* Yes. All Star Team Routines are choreographed around each participant and it is vital to have all team members present.
3. Uniform cost seems high...
* Unfortunately, All Star uniforms do run high, but we have tried to make it is as budget friendly as possible.
* There is a possibility of reselling your uniform to an upcoming team mate when your daughter no longer does CCASP
4. What skills are considered level 1 or 2?
* For the 2021-2022 season, we will be starting off with a level 1 Youth Prep Team and level 1 Youth Novice team.
* Please click here for a full description of those skills.
5. How many times will they perform?
These dates are subject to change, but the teams will perform/compete three times. Please plan, unless otherwise notified for these dates.
Have Questions? Email Us At: firstname.lastname@example.org