Christ-centered Cheerleading camps in Dallas, Rockwall, Richardson, Frisco, Plano, Allen, Carrollton, Addison, McKinney, Prosper, Heath, Flower Mound, Wylie, and Austin, Texas.
Cross Cheer, LLC
We are excited to announce that Cross Cheer will be starting an All Star Prep Youth squad in Fall 2019!
Mission: To offer an All Star cheerleading experience throughout the schoolyear in a Christian environment.
Goal: To introduce young girls to a competitive cheerleading environment with a focus on glorifying God through healthy competition, while using appropriate music, movements and uniforms.
The inaugural CCASP team will be a Level 2.1 (level 2 stunts, level 1 tumbling) All-Star Prep team that focuses on all elements of an All-Star Prep routine: stunts, tumbling, jumps and dance for beginners completed K -11 years old (cannot turn 12 prior to Aug 31, 2019).
Competition Season: September – February (6 months)
Practices: Wednesdays 4:00-6:00pm
Where: First Baptist Church Richardson Activities Center Gym
1001 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75080
*Occasional practices closer to competition date will be held at a facility with full competition flooring.
2 Local Competitions in the DFW Metroplex (Dates announced by season start)
+ 1 Exhibition for Families & Local Community
*All Star Prep teams compete 1 weekend day per competition
Who: Girls completed K -11 years old (cannot turn 12 prior to Aug 31, 2019)
Skill Requirements: No prior cheerleading experience needed. Our coaches will train each participant.
Monthly Tuition: $130
*Tuition includes weekly coaching, facility usage, routine music/choreography, practice shirt, competition
registration fees and USASF membership.
*Must be paid by the 5th of each month to guarantee a spot on our team (auto draft available upon registration)
*A 30-day notice must be given to drop out of program
*1st month’s tuition includes registration fee and is non-refundable.
Uniform Fee: $180
*Due October 5th (non-refundable)
Each participant provides their own white tennis shoes, black shorts and transportation to competitions.
Coaching: Erika Toney will be head coaching the CCASP team. She has been involved in cheerleading for over 20 years including being an SMU cheerleader, winning 2nd place at NCA Collegiate National Competition, coaching High School Varsity cheer for 10 years at MacArthur High School and Trinity Christian Academy. In addition to working for Cross Cheer for many years, Erika and husband, Michael, find joy in their two daughters, Raylee and Harper. She attends Watermark Community Church in Dallas. The team will also have an assistant coach.
*The above details could change during the registration season based on number of participants.
1. What is all star prep vs. all star?
* Star Prep teams are a ½ year competition season versus an entire year commitment.
* There are stunting limitations for All Star Prep teams, so there is a greater level of safety.
* We will compete against similar beginner teams.
* We will only compete at local competitions.
2. Do I have to commit to both compeitions?
* Yes. All Star Team Routines are choreographed around each participant and it is vital to have all team members present.
3. Uniform cost seems high
* Unfortunately, All Star uniforms do run high, but we have tried to make it is as budget friendly as possible.
* There is a possibility of reselling your uniform to an upcoming team mate when your daughter no longer does ASP
4. What skills are considered level 2.1?
* For the 2019-2020 season, we will be starting off with a level 2.1 (level 2 stunting and level 1 tumbling) Youth Prep Team.
* Please click here for a full description of those skills.
i.Level 1 tumbling: cartwheels, round-offs, forward and backward rolls, front and backwalkovers
ii.Level 2: one footed stunts at prep level, and two footed extended stunts, straight cradles, no tosses allowed.
*In order to register and reserve a spot on the team, you will pay the first month's payment of $130